SysTools Outlook Recovery software is an effective solution that has specialization in recovering data from PST files that are inaccessible. Also, the tool is meant for restoring permanently deleted items from PST file and has precautionary options available to avoid oversized PST corruption scenarios. It’s a Windows OS based solution that promises recovery of both ANSI and Unicode formatted PST file.
Outlook Recovery Software
MS Outlook Recovery software was launched with the very basic (yet powerful) feature of recovering data from corrupt PST files. The software offered users a GUI that helped in retrieving emails, contacts, journals, calendars, tasks, and customized folders from a damaged PST file. The export options for recovered data were PST, MSG, and EML.
So far, the product has been improved in different ways: Its interface, features, and backend algorithms that have improved its performance. The latest version of the tool, i.e. Outlook Recovery 4.1 reflects how well its developers understand the market and requirement of users.
|Outlook Recovery Versions||Release/Updation Date(MM/DD/YYY)||Improvements|
|1||9/25/2010||Release Version of the Tool|
|1.2||10/11/2010||Software Processing made Faster|
Product Details (Latest Edition):
Product Name: Outlook Recovery Software
Developers: SysTools Group
Main Function: Corrupt PST File Recovery
Latest Version: 4.1
Size of Product: 17.2 MB
OS Support: All Versions Introduced Till Now (Win 8.1)
PST Support: Both ANSI and Unicode PST can be Recovered
Trial Version: Free Demo Version Available for Test
- Personal License
- Business License
- Enterprise License
- 20 MB free Hard Disk Space
- Free from any kind of Adware
- 1 GB RAM should be Available
Features-List of the Tool:
- Recover Corrupted Outlook PST Files: The basic functioning of the tool is to retrieve emails, contacts, calendars, notes, and other items from a corrupt PST file.
- Hard Deleted Items Recovery from PST: Even if the Outlook PST items are permanently deleted (Shift + Del), the tool will restore them with Advance Scan facility.
- Options to Scan Selected PST File: The tool has two choices for scanning and recovering data from the Outlook data file:
Quick Scan: For fast preview of data and when file has minimum corruption.
Advance Scan: When file has intense corruption and deleted items has to be recovered.
- Preview Outlook Data File Content: The tool after scanning gives a preview of all items in its pane. Emails along with their attachments can be previewed.
- Export Selected Data from PST File: Selected folders or items from the PST file can be exported to desired file by enabling check-boxes for the same.
- Three Different Export Options: Once the PST file data is recovered, it can be exported to PST, EML, and MSG file format as per convenience.
- Provision to Split Resultant Outlook File: With the Split PST feature in the tool, recovered PST file can be divided into parts (1-45 GB is the limit).
- Naming Conventions for Emails: For messages that are saved in EML and MSG file, there are seven naming conventions for sorting of emails according to date, subject, and sender.
- Emails Filters To Exclude/Include Emails: Using this option, users can define a time interval and the software will export emails received/sent under this period.
What a Potential User Can Expect?
- The tool fixes errors that restrict opening PST file and accessing data.
- Fixing errors and recovering data from PST that Scanpst.exe cannot process.
- Recovery of emails, calendars, and contacts even if permanently deleted.
- A solution to avoid further corruption of oversized PST with Split PST feature.
Strength of the Tool:
The tool performs a read-only operation on selected PST file which means the source file remain unaffected and a new PST file with data recovered into it will be available.
- Interface of the tool is like MS Outlook gives ease to operate
- Recovery of permanently deleted Outlook emails is possible
- Saving PST to EML file makes it accessible to other applications
- Splitting PST file into parts helps in managing it to avoid corruption
- Naming Conventions gives way to manage EML and MSG emails
Note: Hard deleted data can be recovered if the PST file is not overwritten due to auto-compact action by Outlook (automatically) or by user (manually).
- Enterprise license of the tool is quite costly. A little cut down in price of this license can make a difference.
- Advance Scan option of the tool although works perfectly well (as promised) but it would be better if it process recovery a little faster.
Files saved on hard disk are prone to corruption and thus just like any normal file, Outlook data file, i.e. PST can get corrupted. The tool has been tried and tested against number of errors and has a positive reputation in the market.
It can be owned for corrupt PST recovery and deleted data recovery from it. Price of personal license of the tool is quite affordable and software offers ease at its functioning. One can definitely invest in this solution for the need to recover data from Outlook PST file.