UC Browser, India’s top ranked mobile browser with over 35% market share, has received an exceptional response to the recently finished “Diwali Shopping Festival” which witnessed over 2.5 million exclusive shoppers who availed the greatest shopping deals through comparison of price across major e-commerce portals.
Indians Look for Good Deals
This also proved the latest report announced by Digital Marketing Training Institute (DMTI), which pointed out that, 61% Indians before shopping online see the deals which are best for them, 55% hunt for discounts and 54% said they can shop whenever they want.
The shopping marathon, “Diwali Shopping Festival” was the first major cooperation of UC Browser with a list of e-commerce partners such as Amazon, Snapdeal, Jabong, and Shopclues. The users were given access to the uncommon feature “Browse and Compare”, Diwali Shopping Festival facilitated UC Browser users to find the best deals by comparison between different e-tailers.
The DMTI report also highlighted that
- Around 12 percent of the Indian population believes in online transactions.
- Consumers have more faith in the brands that they have purchased and made use of before.
- People between the age group of 18-25 influence the decisions of the family on online purchasing.
- The country’s e-commerce market is expected to cross $56 billion by the year 2023
- The retail of online grocery is increasing at a slow pace and is estimated to be around 2% of the market by 2020, this will lead to a creation of a potential market size of around $10 billion.
The recent success of the Diwali shopping festival, UC Browser has decided to continue and focus its energy on intensifying its strategic partnerships with e-commerce players and will also strive to give their users the greatest shopping experience. The users will carry on finding the best available discounts and offers and also the users will undergo a smooth shopping experience on their mobile phones on UC Browser for Android and Windows.
With the new feature of “Browse and Compare” users will be able to compare prices and choose the best deal that is right according to their pockets. Also, the DMTI report has suggested that as Indians we tend to see and compare prices of products across different sellers. Thus, this feature is boon for us.
Leave your comments on this article in the comment box below. Your opinion is highly valued.
Latest posts by Arshi Bansal (see all)
- Mitashi WattaGirl mobile launched for Rs. 4999 - March 14, 2015
- Lava Iris Fuel 10 and Iris Fuel 25 launched for Rs.6, 541 and Rs.5, 666 - March 13, 2015
- Motorola Moto Turbo launched for Rs.41, 999 - March 10, 2015